Visit us frequently to get the latest news, developments and Brainy's useful learning tips.
MemoryLifter 2.4 - now with free Learning Modules
A new version of MemoryLifter has been released. The popular flashcard software is now open source and all learning content that was developed and formerly sold by LearnLift is available to the community for free.
Users can now choose from more than 150 free Learning Modules, including multiple foreign language modules featuring audio and images, as well as modules in the applied sciences, arts, natural sciences, social sciences, and learning modules for college entry exam preparation. These modules can be downloaded easily via the integrated MemoryLifter feed. Customers who previously purchased Learning Modules from LearnLift should continue to use MemoryLifter 2.3 for these modules, but it is possible to run MemoryLifter 2.4 in parallel.
For more information and to download MemoryLifter 2.4 visit: http://memorylifter.codeplex.com/
MemoryLifter on Designing Spaces
We are proud to announce that MemoryLifter is featured on the latest episode of "Designing Spaces", a popular home improvement show in the US. The title of our segment is "Tips to Personalize and Boost your Memory" and can be watched at http://designingspaces.tv.
For those who prefer to watch the show on TV, we have several regional showings in the United States (check the airing schedule on the Designing Spaces website).
Have fun and keep on learning!
Happy New Year 4647!
No, this is not a joke. The Chinese New Year has just begun and this is a very good reason to celebrate together! That's why we would like to invite you to take advantage of our Chinese New Year specials:
- 25% off our Simplified Chinese products for MemoryLifter - valid until the end of February 2010 (redeem the coupon code "NewYear4647" in our online store)
- We are giving away 50 promo codes for our Chinese language learning apps for the iPhone and the iPod touch (to be redeemed in the Apple app store) - please contact email@example.com
- A 20% discount on your next online Chinese course at http://ChineseVoice.com/ (use the coupon code CID2061)
Have fun and keep on learning!
MemoryLifter 2.3 now available!
We're proud to announce the release of MemoryLifter 2.3. This new version includes several bug fixes, as well as the following new features and improvements:
- New custom skins and a significant improvement of the look and feel of MemoryLifter.
- Smarter feedback boxes that disappear after the initial feedback is given.
- A new 'Deactivate' button in the main window allowing you to disable cards you no longer want to learn (cards can be reactivated in the Maintain Cards dialog).
- You can now browse through Learning Modules that are available online and download content more easily on the start page!
- MemoryLifter error reporting has been automated. If an error occurs, it is no longer necessary to manually send an email to LearnLift.
Two Awards of Excellence for MemoryLifter
We are proud to announce that MemoryLifterTM 2.2 and MemoryLifterTM for the iPhoneTM and iPod-Touch® have been awarded the 2009 Tech & Learning Award of Excellence – MemoryLifter 2.2 in the category of "Best Upgraded Products" for significant enhancements to our proven educational tool and MemoryLifter for the iPhoneTM and iPod-Touch® in the category "New Products" for ground-breaking innovation.
Tech & Learning's Awards of Excellence program has been recognizing outstanding educational technology products for the last 27 years. With a solid reputation in the industry as a long-standing, high-quality program, the Awards of Excellence recognizes both the "best of the best" and creative new offerings that help educators in the business of teaching, training, and managing with technology. Evaluation criteria include quality and effectiveness, ease of use, creative use of technology, and suitability for use in an educational environment.
Get the latest version of the award-winning freeware MemoryLifter 2.2 and also try the latest beta version. Check out the innovative, new MemoryLifter for the iPhoneTM and iPod-Touch® on the App Store.
MemoryLifter 2.2.2 Beta
We're proud to announce the release of the new MemoryLifter 2.2.2 Beta. This version includes several bug fixes, as well as the following new features and improvements:
- The MemoryLifter Shop is now accessable directly through the start page! Including categorized listings and title search.
- Automatic update - MemoryLifter can now check for, download, and install newer releases and beta releases.
- MemoryLifter error reporting is now fully-automated. No longer do you need to manually send an email to us, now just select what files you would like to send us with the report and press send.
- Added a 'Deactivate' button to the main window to allow you to disable cards you no longer want to learn (cards can be reactivated in the Maintain Cards dialog).
Please download the new version from our download page or from the Liftlab.
Give us your two cents and win an iPod touch!
In our last NewsLifter issue we asked our readers for their opinion, criticism and suggestions regarding MemoryLifter and our newsletter. Everyone who participated in the survey took part in a drawing for an iPod touch® with a MemoryLifter application.
We are happy to announce that Dr. Neil Macpherson has won the iPod touch® and wish him lots of fun with it :-). Congratulations!
Have a look at our Blog once in a while or register for our newsletter to take part in more surveys or competitions!
Learn Tips: Grammar
1. Anthropomorphization Trick
If the foreign language you are learning has genders, this may seem very arbitrary to you. In most cases, only a few regular patterns can be detected regarding how gender is assigned to a word. One way to remember the grammatical gender of a word is to imagine the object as if it were a woman or a man. In Spanish, for example, "la luna" is the word for moon. It is feminine. When you think of "moon", don't simply think of a genderless object, but image the moon having long eye lashes and lots of lipstick on "her" mouth. Image the moon having a higher pitched voice or wearing a skirt. You have to be careful with this trick, however, if you are learning two new foreign languages at once and if same words have different genders in each language.
2. Visual Categorization Trick
If your foreign language has many genders, imagine a large building with many floors, assign a different gender to each floor, and place words on the appropriate floor according to their gender.
You can also practice this trick with other categorizations such as different types of conjugations or declinations, or different groups of verbs. Instead of a building, you might imagine a big closet with shelves or a dresser with drawers.
Another way to learn the gender of nouns is to visualize a familiar place, such as your hometown, and to divide it into two, three, or however many genders there are in your foreign language. Then imagine nouns of one gender in one part of town and nouns of another gender in a different part of town.
Brand new, high-quality Multimedia Learning Suite "Spanish" available
Learn Spanish in a fun new way! New MemoryLifter Multimedia Learning Suite Spanish has been developed together with highly qualified experts.
This complete learning system includes the scientifically based MemoryLifter learning software and more than 3,500 multimedia flashcards, containing audio, images, and text – all on a compact USB stick. No installation is required, your learning progress is always saved.
Additional materials such as an introductory video to familiarize you with MemoryLifter, a complementary study guide, a tips and tricks booklet "Learn to Learn", MP3 audiobooks for playback on portable listening devices, and a special verbwheel for looking up and practicing irregular Spanish verb forms are included to round off your learning adventure.
Release MemoryLifter 2.2
High usability, sophisticated design, new features: The new MemoryLifter version 2.2 is now available for free download!
We are proud to announce the new MemoryLifter version 2.2. The new version makes your learning experience even more comfortable and fun with:
- modern, instructionally designed user-interface skins, simplified menus and toolbar,
- a new file format that allows you to store all data in one file and increases data security, and
- a server-based solution that enables you to open or learn Learning Modules from a central database.